Here are 10 simple beauty secrets from me to you:
1) Baking soda + your favorite cleanser make the perfect scrub. Their texture is fine but coarse enough to clean deeply and get rid of those dead skin cells on your face. My favorite cleanser so far is L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Foaming Gel Cleanser.
2) Take it easy on the face washing. The oils that naturally form on your face work as a barrier for incoming bacteria and pathogens. If you need an acne fighting and antibacterial essential oil, try a dab of tea tree oil. And wash your face once or twice a day with a clear and sensitive cleanser.
3) Aloe vera gel is magic for the whole body. Apply some on the skin for instant relief from windburn and dry skin. Also, use it on damp hair, let it dry and comb it out for the shiniest hair you can ever have. Use on face before bed for some serious moisturizing. Make sure you buy a non-alcoholic formula that's a 100% aloe vera. My favorite is Fruit of The Earth.
4) Don't get tricked by advertisements for white teeth from your dentist. You can get the same results at home by purchasing a gel with hydrogen peroxide in it and using a plastic guard for 5-10 minutes a day for a week. You can maintain the whitening with an electric toothbrush (preferably an Oral-B brush) and whitening with the gel once every two weeks or as needed.
5) No to antiperspirants! Get a regular deodorant with natural salts. Don't clog your pores with harsh chemicals. There's also a cancer warning on them too. My favorite to use is Nivea Pure and Natural Deodorant. Although, it's not for everyone.
6) Use a hair pomade or an eyebrow gel to tame the brows. Brush them out with a clean old mascara wand.
7) Can't get those blackheads to open up? Use toothpaste on the trouble areas, remove and squeeze gently in a pulling away motion.
8) Vaseline is your friend in the winter. Apply just enough to the cheeks, bridge of nose, lips and forhead for a highlighter effect. Apply some to the tear ducts of your eye and your eye lids too. It will save you from the wind burn.
9) Don't go without sunscreen! Find a formula that combines as a moisturizer, SPF protection and a sheer coverage (optional). If you are darker in color, purchase a low SPF and make sure it's oil free. My favorite is Clean and Clear's Finishes Pore Perfecting Moisturizer.
10) If you shower in hot water, save your hair from it! Wash your hair separately under cold water after using conditioner. It makes the biggest difference.
That's all for now! Let me know if these tips work for you.
Oh, and if you want to know how you can perfect inner beauty, read Top 10 Elements of a Beautiful Muslima.
Subscribe to Random Rants of a Muslima to receive entries directly into your inbox. Click the third right hand option to be added to the mail list